In the inaugural episode of Bites & Banter, I chat with my 4th cousin Emanuel–an analytical chemist from North Carolina. We talk about Filipino food, our shared love of Nick Saban, and the cultural phenomenon/train wreck that is Tiger King and he provides some advice for giving tough love when adult kids drive you nuts.
In this episode, we discuss:
- an amazing Filipino restaurant in Washington, D.C. (2:00)
- our shared love of Nick Saban (8:06)
- why Percy Julian gets a seat at the table (9:53)
- the cultural phenomenon/train wreck that is Tiger King (13:29)
- One has to go: Marvin Gaye, John Coltrane, and Michael Jackson (20:20)
- advice for giving tough love when adult kids move back home (22:10)